Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weather

During my flight here, the woman I was sitting next to on the plane told me that we would likely not get any snow where I am. Let's talk about this weather.  Now, I was semi-mentally prepared for the weather here. I knew it was probably going to be cloudy and rainy a lot. I knew it wasn't going to be as cold here as it gets at home, but it won't warm up as much either.  I think there has been one day that I have been here that I have not seen it precipitate during the day.  It can be perfectly sunny (though most of the time it is indeed cloudy) and two hours later, it's raining.  I almost didn't believe the people who told me how much it would rain, but rain it does. This makes me question my shoe selection that I have and the amount of socks I'm going to go through.  As if the rain all the time weren't enough, I have woken up to snow nearly every day.  Don't you hate when you go to bed knowing there is nothing on the ground and you wake up to a ground cover of snow? I do. Unfortunately, the snow goes away early in the day and the same thing happens every morning.  It makes you angry to get out of bed.  And it's COLD! I know it's not nearly as cold here as it is at home, but I feel cold all the time. In my room, at class..I just ask for a little warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment