Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lovely Surprises

It's funny how things work out. The other day, a fellow student introduced himself to me.  He seemed very nice and yesterday in class he sat near me and wanted to hear all about how I liked Harper so far.  At the end of class he gave me his phone number and the offer that if I needed anything to let him know.  He contacted me via facebook last night and invited me to meet up with him and some friends for dinner and a movie. Now now, don't go getting excited here. He's just a nice guy that I happened to meet.
So I went tonight. I didn't know what to expect, but he seemed like a nice enough guy and I was looking forward to meeting people I hadn't yet seen in my daily life.  Turns out, the group of friends that I was meeting were actually members of the Christian Union on campus.  It was a great surprise as I had been wanting to find a Christian group on campus and had no idea where to start in the search for one. The search is over! The people are very nice and told me a little about the churches they attend as well as what the group does and when they meet.
What a wonderful surprise =)

No comments:

Post a Comment