Monday, January 21, 2013

Two. Words.



Two Words. Truck Withdrawal.
There are very few trucks in England. The trucks that you do see are not those beautiful heart-stopping Dodges, Fords, and Chevys like at home.  It’s nearly painful.  The nicest one I’ve seen is...what looked like a Toyota.
To give you a little bit of background here, my sisters and I love to look at trucks.  We have been occasioned to playing a game where we call out the types of trucks as we see them. Okay, so we’re truck dorks.
I can see where driving a truck here would be a terrible idea. The roads are tiny and people drive like maniacs--passing stopped vehicles in the road with a jerk of the wheel and no application of the brakes.  Apparently (and I’m sure for that reason), trucks are incredibly pricey to insure here.  So I guess I’ll just have to look at trucks, that are actually ‘lorrys’, and hatchback cars for the next four months. Maybe I’ll change my desktop picture to a lovely truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment