Sunday, January 6, 2013

Home (bitter)sweet home

Less than four days until I embark on an adventure in England! I can count that on one hand.  Yikes! I'm excited and nervous (more excited than nervous.  I'm sure that when it hits me as real, I'll feel more nervous).  How scary to think that I'll be living in a different country for the next four months.  I spent the last couple days (and will spend the next several days) seeing people before I leave, as well as getting in what snowmobiling I can before I can't snowmobile again this season.  As I hugged my best friend goodbye today, I couldn't help but think how bittersweet it is to leave home again.  It's also funny how every time I say goodbye, people leave me with the same message: Have fun, Don't get abducted.  While I'm not so much worried about getting abducted (especially as Dad is working on becoming the next Liam Neeson) I know that I will definitely have fun. Home will always be home and saying goodbye will always be bittersweet, but an adventure like this is priceless.
Don't worry about me, I'm ganna have a blast!

1 comment:

  1. God Speed - Have a SUPER time and our love goes with you. Uncle Denny & Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete