Monday, March 4, 2013

The Thing About Eggs

Let's begin by saying that I'm not such a fan of many breakfast foods, nor am I very good at getting up and eating breakfast anyway...so I guess it works out okay.  I thought, however, that I might need eggs for something eventually...so I got some.  I thought maybe I could make an omelet or something or need them for cooking at some point. I was wrong.  The thing about eggs is...I always think that I'll like them. I try and I try to like them.  I set out making something spectacular like a lovely omelet and I get disappointed when I taste it and realize I still just really don't like eggs that much.  
Fried eggs I'm a little more comfortable with. Grandma Dates makes magic fried eggs, they're so delicious.  For some reason whenever we're up there visiting, eggs seem so much more tasty and I could eat a couple fried eggs for breakfast if I wantedYet at home (or anywhere else) the magic fades.  I will eat fried eggs with french toast or pancakes, but not generally by themselves.
Needless to say, it took me a while to get through the eggs that I bought.  I had gotten a dozen, and they were lovely eggs, don't get me wrong. I had nothing against them and I was really hoping that I would enjoy them...I just didn't.  Now you know.
Someday I'll develop a taste for eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment